Got a trailer or caravan? Want to know if your towing weights are within limits? This tool is what you need!
Just enter a few measurements below and you can:
- Work out if your car can tow a given trailer or caravan;
- See the heaviest trailer or caravan your car or 4×4 can tow;
- Work out how much payload you have left once your trailer is attached;
- See how close you are to limits such as GVM, max tow, payload and GCM;
- Understand your trailer weights and get basic trailer weight advice;
- Check front and rear axle weights, a common limit to run up against!
- NEW as of 16/9/22 – added more calculations around axle loads after user demand.
The calculator assumes you are familiar with terms like GVM, GCM and TBM. If you’re not, then please read this first, then come back here.
You can use metric measurements or imperial, as the calculations are the same.
Calculator results are for guidance only – final checks should be made using all the data and limitations specific to your towcar and trailer which this calculator may not cater for.
You may also like to try the Tyre Size Calculator.
The calculator and the information provided is free to you but cost me to produce and maintain, so please consider supporting me on Patreon and YouTube. In the last two years more than 160,000 calculations have been made by over 33,000 people!
Sponsorship welcome so long as independence is maintained.