This page is for retailers of The 4WD Handbook and media.
If you retail the book and wish to be added to the Where to Buy page then contact me. If you are a small-volume reseller eg a 4WD club, mechanical workshop then more information on sales can be found on the Resellers page..
This page contains:
- Book details
Text to use to describe The 4WD Handbook on your site, feel free to copy and paste. More details on the About the Book page.
NOTE: Unfortunately, an early description of The 4WD Handbook was partially incorrect. The book does not and was never intended to cover maintenance, vehicle selection or survival and all information is current as of 2010, not 2009. Please use the descriptions below instead.
Very short description
The definitive guide to offroad driving techniques. www.4wdhandbook.com.
Quite simply: a 4WD bible. This book explains how 4WDs work and how to drive them offroad. It covers detailed explanations of 4WD systems, suspension, wheels, tyres, weights and more. There are extensive chapters on driving theory and techniques including offroad trailers, gear selection, choosing a 4WD, accessory setup plus a section dedicated to recovery. Illustrated in full colour, the photographs are a mix of both inspirational trip shots from around Australia and practical images highlighting various aspects covered in the book. First written in 2010, revised in 2012 and fully updated in 2014, the book covers the latest vehicles and accessories. www.4wdhandbook.com.
Quite simply: a 4WD bible updated with the very latest vehicles and techniques. This book explains how 4WDs work and how to drive them offroad.
- How 4WDs work – what offroad drivers need to know; tyres, wheels, suspension, transmissions , gearing, electronic driving aids and more.
- Driving Techniques – every terrain covered in detail including rocks, hills, snow, water and sand, and some not usually covered in similar books such as desert driving, economy driving and bitumen.
- Offroad trailer driving – a detailed guide to low-range towing.
- Softroaders – a chapter is devoted to softroaders and examples are used throughout the book.
- Recovery – comprehensive recovery guide including a detailed discussion of winching techniques and an explanation of recovery loads.
- Accessories & modifications – touring modifications and accessories listed, explained and prioritised.
- Choosing a 4WD – how to select the right car for you.
- Driving unfamiliar vehicles – how to get the most from new cars.
- Modern vehicles – the book has a special emphasis on modern vehicles, covering throughout and in a dedicated chapter electronic driving aids such as traction and stability control, descent systems, adaptive gearboxes and more.
- Environment – dedicated chapter plus specific pointers at the end of each Driving Technique.
Illustrated in full colour, the photographs are a mix of both inspirational trip shots from around Australia and practical images highlighting various aspects covered in the book. Written in 2010 and revised in 2012, the book covers the latest vehicles and accessories.www.4wdhandbook.com.
|Title||The 4WD Handbook
The complete guide to how 4WDs work and how to drive them offroad
|Publisher||Woodslane / Boiling Billy|
|Publication date||2010, revised in 2012, second edition 2014|
|Revisions||Refer to the Versions page|
|RRP||AU $ 44.95
NZ $ 54.95
|Other||Full colour illustrations throughout
Size 220 x 195 mm
The following images are of the book’s cover in various sizes, right-click the text or image download:
|100w x 114h pixels (0.03 Mb)|
|150w x 171h pixels (0.09 Mb)|
|200w x 228h pixels (0.13 Mb)|
|(image too large to preview)||3104 x 3358 pixels (5Mb) too large to preview|
There is also an Ironman version of the book – refer to the Versions page for more details.