I’m known for detailed, technically accurate automotive journalism. I believe that:
- car journalists should do, not just write.
- if you don’t understand it, don’t write about it.
- theory underpins practical performance.
- Not everyone wants detail, but not enough people appreciate what I do to motivate me to keep on doing it.
- A good review is balanced.
- Driver training is a fundamental part of road, and recreational motorsport safety.
- Offroad driving can be environmentally responsible.
Right now, things that concern me:
- 4X4s over-rated for towing, combined with overweight caravans.
- The trend to taking more, and heavier gear in 4X4s.
- Advanced safety aids actually eroding safety as drivers
- Losing the fun of cars as technology develops.
- The environmental impact of cars.
Things that interest me:
- The evolution of the car – can’t wait for the new electric 4X4s!
- How things work.
- Exploring the world.
- Adrenalin rushes.
- Anything with wings, wheels or sails!