Many people appreciate my work, and that’s what keeps me going. Often they want to help, so if that’s you, here’s some ideas.
- Patreon – for those who can afford it, direct cash support which I use for funding research, trips and gear. patreon.com/L2SFBC and see below for benefits.
- Sharing, likes and comments – share the videos, blog posts etc. Even liking and commenting on a video helps. Any form of engagement with content is picked up by the social media algorithms.
- Use my affiliate links – anyone can use the code L2SFBC10 at a247 for $10 off when spending $100 or more. See below for additional Patreon discount.
Patreon benefits for L2SFBC:
Sign up here patreon.com/L2SFBC and the benefits are, with more to come:
Early videos, ad-free:
Patreon allows me to upload videos. The same video will (probably) make its way to YouTube, but the advantages to Patreons are:
- Early access ahead of the YT hordes
- Ad-free viewing
- More personal support, it’s hard to pick through hundreds of YT comments
Note: some videos may go direct to YT, depending on interest from Patreons, or if they are time-critical or part of an embargo. I may still put a copy up on Patreon.
- Merch shop discounts – designs which educate or amuse at shop.l2sfbc.com.
- a247 – online camping/4×4/RV shop. Contact me via Patreon to get the code which gives $25 off when the spend is AUD $250 or more. It’s a fixed amount not a percentage.
- Getabout and Tow-Ed training – trailers, towing, 4×4, all sorts of adventure based training. Patreons get 10% off; contact me for details
- FlatOut MultiReel – $10 off, contact me for code.
- Woodslane Books – buy my books, and those of other authors. Use this link, https://www.woodslanepress.com.au/?ref=Robert Pepper and apply the code ROBERTP15.
Periodic group Zoom calls
These calls are general video chats between my Patrons, and where I can I answer questions. Turns out my Patrons are good at helping each other and have many common interests! Usually one per month for as long as they go for, which is around one to two hours. Requirement is video on and full name please.
1 on 1 direct support for questions and queries, via the Patreon website.
I run a series of webinars. A Patreon benefit is a private session with my guest(s) ahead of time, if their schedule permits. The webinar itself is public; attendees’ video and mic is off, and I record everything for YouTube. The Patreon is video and mics on, and not recorded, so a private meeting beforehand.
I will add more to this list when I can.