Sandown Raceway – reference lap
New to Sandown Raceway in Melbourne? Here’s a lap guide to give you a head start on your track or race day. It assumes you already know how to drive, but are new to this track. Some other useful points for Sandown:
- In the wet, the grip varies from corner-to-corner, so don’t assume one corner will have the grip levels of the next.
- It’s tough on brakes, more so than any other Victorian track.
- The nearest fuel is a short drive south of the track, the 7-Eleven where Corrigan Road intersects Princes Highway.
- There is no cafe. The event organisers might invite a cafe truck, or they might not.
- Toilets are either end of the pits.
- People have been known to spin and crash….on pit exit, so take it easy!
- Turn 6 is dangerous. The video explains why.