Development of the INEOS Grenadier is complete, and owners are being asked for deposits. So I thought it’d be a good time to talk to Justin Hocevar, INEOS’s AsiaPacific chief, about INEOS, the Grenadier and plans for Australia. Here’s the chapter list from the video:
- 00:00 introduction to Grenadier, Justin
- 03:15 Target market for INEOS Grenadier, owners, competitors (the 4 groups)
- 06:43 How is the Australian market different for INEOS?
- 09:11 What Australian feedback went into the design for the Grenadier?
- 10:19 Aftermarket development for the Grenadier – INEOS’s view
- 14:41 Safety, classifications for the Grenadier
- 20:05 Warranty for the Grenadier
- 22:40 Dealer network ability to understand 4×4 tourers and enthusiasts
- 29:35 INEOS customer driver club plans for owners
- 31:22 Towing with the Grenadier
- 34:17 The ute / pickup version of the Grenadier
- 36:00 Graceful degradation – a design principle
- 39:31 Future INEOS vehicles – electric, hydrogen
- 43:18 Petrol & diesel Grenadiers
- 45:24 Future of INEOS – will it be around?
- 47:23 INEOS customer engagement model e.g. Facebook
- 51:28 Final message from Justin
I’ve also done a towing analysis which includes the Grenadier.
You should also check out Stefan Fischer’s comprehensive Grenadier analysis here and here. I don’t necessarily agree with all of it, particuarly his view on the need for 35″ tyres and lots of mods, but I do recommend people watch it, and remember that no 4×4 is perfect.